As a business owner, you should understand the importance of SEO in 2022, which should be a crucial part of your Marketing Strategy. Seo has consistently helped businesses scale their traffic and revenue organically at a large scale, and it will continue to do so.
Let us amaze you with some of the most amazing facts about SEO that will help you decide to prioritize your SEO efforts also; as an SEO expert or Consultant, you should also be aware of these statistics:
- Google considers over 200 factors in their algorithm while ranking websites or webpages on SERPs (Backlinko)
- Google currently has a whopping share of 86.86% within the Search Engine Market – Google is by far the most popular search engine on the planet (Statista)
- On Average 1st, Result on Google gets a click-through rate (CTR) of 34.2%. (Sistrix)
- You can get an ROI of around 12x of the Marketing Spends from SEO. (Terakeet)
- Organic search results (Web page) that rank on page 1 of Google contain an average of 1,500 words
- Successful businesses spend there 40% of their Marketing Budget on SEO as a Mode of Sustainable Organic Traffic
- The median annual salary for an SEO Expert / professional is around $60.5k per year (Backlinko)
- 70% of total clicks in Google search results go to organic, with 30% going to AdWords.
- Nearly 60% of the pages that ranks in the top 10 Google results are 3 Years old (Ahrefs)
- Google Search has the Contribution of around 60% of Overall Web Traffic (Sparktoro)
- Approximately 75% of users who performed a Google search visited a store within an 8km radius of where they were searching.
- SEO Can Increase the Value of Business by 500%
- After a recent Study of 20,000 Keywords by “Kevin-Idnig – Head of SEO at Shopify,” 38% of first-page search results had 10 Blue
- Links. Most SERPs show 9 organic results (43% of the time), and only 6 keywords in my sample showed 5 Blue Links.
- 53% of US consumers research using a search engine before making an online purchase. (Google)
- 58% of Searches on Google Happens from Mobile Devices. (hitwise)
- Voice searches contribute to 20% of the queries on mobile (Search Engine Land)
- The Top 5 organic results in the SERPs get around 67.7% clicks (Zero Limit Web)
- 50% of search queries on Google contain 4 or more words in them (WordStream)
- Over 3.5 Billion Searches happen on Google Daily
- Google Search Drives more than 300% more Traffic than Social media (IronPaper)
SEO Industry stats about budgeting and spending
With a hefty revenue at stake, Companies leave no stones unturned in investing heavily in SEO.
As cited above, SEO as a marketing channel provides a much higher ROI than others. This gives brands a solid reason to use marketing muscle to improve search rankings. Here are some statistics about global SEO :
- 61% of marketers say growing organic search presence of their websites is their top inbound marketing priority (HubSpot)
- Approximately $79 billion was spent in 2020 on SEO services. (Borrell Associates)
- 49% of enterprise-level businesses invest more than $20,000 on B2B SEO per month. (Markletic)
Let’s Wrap it Up
These data-backed SEO statistics and trends should help you make knowledgeable decisions for your next SEO campaign. Remember, understanding your market is the key to uncovering what is required to reach page 1, position 1 spot in the SERPs. Want Immediate help with your SEO Strategy? Talk to the SEO Expert Devendra.